What are the requirements to live at Soliders Home?

To initially qualify a prospective resident must be homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness, be eligible for VA healthcare, and meet income guidelines established by HUD. To find out if you qualify to live at Milwaukee Soldiers Home please call 1-877-4AID-VET.

Will veterans be charged?

Project-based HUD Veterans Affairs Support Housing (HUD-VASH) vouchers are available, as well as Section 8 vouchers. These vouchers will ensure that monthly rents are no more than 30% of each resident’s monthly adjusted gross household income.

Who will be providing and property management and supportive services?

Property management services are provided by The Alexander Company, the real estate services firm who led the rehabilitation of the historic buildings into veterans housing. Supportive services are provided on-site by the Milwaukee VA Medical Center HUD-VASH Program.

How can I apply for an apartment?

To find out if you qualify to live at Milwaukee Soldiers Home, please call 414-895-9930.

Will there be housing units specifically for women?

Yes, 11 units of housing are designed for women Veterans and will be located in a separate secure area of the building. Women Veterans will also have access to two fitness centers, one of which is limited to women only.

I want to support the community - how can I help?

Please visit our donation page to review any items needed to better support the Veterans we serve. Thank you!

Still have questions?

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.